Friday, March 6, 2009

Nothing ever happens in Princeton, or, the time the Prince covered suckling pigs



A short and sweet summary of one of today's Prince news articles, "Whitman celebrates College Night with suckling pigs":

Whitman's Tuesday night College Night dinners serve suckling pigs, sometimes with accessories.

Some people are offended.
Some people are not offended.

We appreciate the quotes though.

Offended!
Vegetarian Whitmanite Katie Rodriguez ’11 said she was “appalled” that the Whitman College Night dinners were “centered around an animal product.”

Not offended
Vegetarian Niklas Peters ’11, however, said the pig did not upset him. “The first time I saw it, I wasn’t shocked like I thought it was offensive. I was shocked like I thought, ‘That dead pig has glasses on,’ ” he explained. “It was a very surprising thing.”

Offended!

PAWS member Maya Goodwin ’12, however, said she was not amused by the dining staff’s decision to accessorize the pigs.

“I just don’t think that’s funny. I don’t know who thinks it’s funny. Do you think it’s funny?” she said of the pig sporting sunglasses.

Not offended
Roast suckling pig was already a familiar dish for Mark Lock ’11. “I’m Chinese, so that’s not something that’s foreign to me,” he said of the pig at Whitman. “I think it was cool.”
(image source: dailyprincetonian.com)

AW

No comments: